Superfast IT is committed to improving our environmental performance and sustainable practices for the benefit of present and future generations. In March 2020 we fulfilled the criteria and were accepted onto the Good Business Charter.
Superfast IT recognises that managing the environmental impact of operations is essential and make the following commitments and, where appropriate, influence over the wider community. The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, whilst promoting a paperless office to reduce paper waste.
- To be mindful of the impacts of climate change of the delivery of our services.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution
- Minimise toxic emissions through:
- Enabling employees to work from home (to reduce fuel consumption)
- Ensure visits to client premises are only made where it is essential. Remote resolutions are to be encouraged.
- Actively promote recycling inside the office.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- To ensure that all staff are aware of our environmental standards and shared responsibilities.
- To maintain continuous improvement by reviewing corporate policies.
To meet the commitments, Superfast IT will:
- Use this policy as a framework for setting objectives and targets for environmental improvement.
- Communicate the requirements of this policy to all employees, suppliers and clients.
- Make this policy publicly available via our website.