Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Superfast IT is committed to ensuring that any business undertakings are conducted as ethically as possible by following the below policy.
Looking after Employees
For Superfast IT to retain loyal and productive employees, it is vital to maintain a good working environment. In general, we have invested time and money in gaining the Investors in People Silver standard and the foundation stage in the wellbeing Thrive award.
In particular, Superfast IT want to make it a great place to work by committing to:
- Employees receiving quarterly reviews to discuss their career and set their continuous performance development (CPD) plan
- Employees receiving 20 days paid training per annum, paid training aids and exams to ensure the CPD plan can be fulfilled
- Staff being paid correctly and on time, while always exceeding the National Living Wage
- Providing private medical insurance for all employees
- Offer a healthcare package for dental, optical, chiropody, physiotherapy and other specialist consultations, ECG, X-ray, pathology fees and MRI scans
- Communicate clearly with all staff, sharing quarterly and yearly updates on the state of the company and plans for the future
- All employees are encouraged to give feedback and if preferred this can be done anonymously through weekly surveys
- A comprehensive handbook available to all employees that includes all policies. This handbook is professional checked by independent HR advisors so that it is up to date with employment law. It includes sections on modern slavery and equal opportunities.
- Health and safety policies are in place, including a home working/lone working policy. Training is provided on health and safely to keep staff up to date.
- Organise team building activities including a free lunch on Fridays, where healthy options are offered and a paid socially gathering on a Friday afternoon.
- The Armed Forces Covenant was signed in early 2020. Further to this during the Armed Forces Day celebrations it was pledged to give paid leave for those employees attending the annual training for the Military Reserve Forces.
- Continually wanting to learn how to help manage employees mental health, stress and their wellbeing by the desire to strive towards the next level in the Thrive accreditation.
Looking after Clients
Superfast IT commit to looking after our clients and make sure that they have a positive and lasting impression of our business, making us referral worthy by:
- Ensuring that they receive an excellent quality of service by continually improving and updating our procedures
- Training all staff on customer service and putting the client first
- Training all staff on product knowledge to ensure swift resolutions to requests
- Commit to clear communication using positive language with the client, ensuring that they are always kept fully up to date
- Improving client satisfaction by giving the opportunity for feedback via a ‘traffic light smiley face’ survey with the option to write comments after every resolution
- Any neutral or negative feedback is always taken seriously, where the Service Manager calls the client for more details to resolve the matter and for enhanced understanding and service going forward
- Bi-annual customer satisfaction surveys
- Annual client meetings
It is vital to ensure that Superfast IT use good suppliers and maintain a good working relationship with them. Superfast IT commit to:
- Using local suppliers where possible to reduce the carbon footprint
- Paying suppliers on time
- Always giving clear communication to our suppliers
Protecting the Environment
Superfast IT is committed to minimising their impact to the environment, see the environmental policy for details.
As a business, we understand that we are part of a wider local community and commit to engage and make a positive impact wherever possible.
Superfast IT commit to:
- Sponsorship of/or monetary donations to local charities, schools and military charities. We were involved in the laptops for schools’ initiative during the pandemic.
- Supporting ex-military personnel and their families, as committed to by signing the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Supporting the surrounding community by employing local people.
- Encouraging employees to share their charitable activities and support them where possible.
- Encouraging employees to take part in company charity event by promoting charity awareness days such as Christmas Jumper Day and Armed Forces Day.
To meet the commitments, Superfast IT will:
- Use this policy as a framework for setting objectives and targets for CSR improvement.
- Communicate the requirements of this policy to all employees, clients and suppliers.
- Make this policy publicly available via our website.