We know that when you’re looking for a new IT support company, one of the important factors to take into consideration is the cost. That is why we want to be open and up-front with you and provide that information here.
How much does IT support cost?
There are lots a factors that go into the pricing of an IT support package, so it can be difficult to provide an exact figure for all situations. James explains in the video below:
The final price depends on a number of things, including:
- How many people use IT in your organisation
- How many workstations you have
- How many servers you have
- The complexity of your IT infrastructure and applications
- Your security requirements
- Whether you need support 8 am to 5 pm on weekdays or 24/7
As part of our process to engage with new clients, we carry out an in-depth technology assessment where we visit your locations and collect all the information we need to provide an IT support quote. Find out what is and isn't included in our IT support service. To keep things simple here, we’ll provide example pricing based on some standard requirements.
Example A is a firm based in Birmingham with 38 staff who all use IT as part of their daily work. They have 45 workstations and 4 servers.
The monthly IT support costs for Example A are £1,564 per month. This includes:
- Unlimited telephone, remote and on-site support
- A virtual IT manager
- A dedicated primary engineer
- Network administration
- 24/7 system monitoring
- Security updates and patch management
- Server back-ups and back-up management
- Webroot SecureAnywhere anti-virus software and management
- Cisco Umbrella DNS protection
- Advanced Email Threat Protection
Example B is a company in Dudley with 10 staff. Each staff member has a laptop and there are no servers after Superfast migrated them fully to the cloud.
The monthly IT support costs for Example B are £355 per month, including all of the above mentioned services.
Example C is a manufacturing firm with 80 IT users spread across 3 sites in the West Midlands. They have 95 workstations and 4 servers.
The monthly IT support costs for Example C are £3,091 per month, including all of the above mentioned services.
What other IT support costs are not included?
As well as our standard IT support package, we have a number of additional services available to our clients. These services enable us to build a tailored IT support solution for each client. Our other services include:
- Managed firewalls
- Leased lines and broadband
- Cloud telephone systems
- Microsoft 365 licensing
- Offsite back-up and disaster recovery services
- Supply of computer equipment
- Project work and professional services
All of these services are quoted and approved separately, and project work is carried out on a fixed-fee basis. There are no hidden charges or surprise bills from Superfast
Will I be tied into a long contract?
No, we don’t require our customers to sign up for long contracts and we’re happy to work under a monthly rolling agreement.
·Some companies we work with do want longer contracts with fixed pricing and we can accommodate this too.